Are you thinking about becoming a Chamber member? These are just some of the things that the Socorro Chamber is doing for its members and for the community as a whole:
We help to maximize business presence:
- Distribute a monthly newsletter and announcements to members, VIPs, and the community at large, to highlight members’ local events and attractions; highlight members in El Defensor Chieftain. Reach a broader audience via an active Facebook page, our website, Twitter, and other social media connections.
- Provide information packets to visitors, potential and new residents, New Mexico Tech students, First Responders, conference and event attendees, etc.
- Display business cards, brochures, local products, and artwork to expose businesses to local residents, visitors, and tourists.
We foster diverse collaborations and secure funding to further develop the local economy, increase tourism, and support a stronger workforce:
- Contract and partner with City of Socorro on economic development, tourism, key projects and events.
- Contract and partner with New Mexico Tech on economic development and promotional projects, local communication and integration, internships, etc.
- Collaborate with local organizations such as Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and Workforce Development to provide internships, expand skills, and help people build a network to secure a job.
- Submit grant applications for New Mexico Tourism Clean and Beautiful and Cooperative Marketing grants to fund various projects that benefit Socorro.
- Secure other grants such as Walmart Community Grants to run programs that help our local youth become more employment-ready.
We help with business planning, networking, and sharing information:
- Facilitate business planning and education meetings with local businesses and entrepreneurs via Chamber staff and collaborations with other organizations.
- Facilitate networking opportunities via Business After Hours, Ribbon Cuttings, etc.
- Offer free or low-cost workshops on topics such as social media, websites, and Quickbooks offered by Small Business Development Center.
- Collaborate with NMT to raise public awareness about their events, venues, and offerings.
- Offer free workshops and tours to increase customer service and hospitality skills and knowledge of local services and attractions.
- Offer free or low-cost workshops on leadership and team development.
- Present at meetings to educate people about the Chamber’s mission and services, and ways we can collaborate with organizations.
We work to build and maintain a sustainable, strong community:
- Publicize and participate in City of Socorro’s recycling program.
- Coordinate with local service organizations to help businesses and individuals recycle toner and print cartridges, eye glasses, cell phones, etc.
- “Keep Socorro Beautiful” by encouraging local organizations to fund raise via the City’s litter clean-up projects and providing them with equipment to participate.
- Work with community volunteers and the City to put on fun events such as Socorrofest and the Luminaria Art Stroll.
- Promote organization events such as Relay for Life, Chile Triathlon, Spring Fling, etc.
- Recognize local individuals and businesses at our annual Community Awards Banquet.
We’ve been helping Socorro County businesses thrive since 1958 and we’d love to help you, too! Stop by our office at 101 Plaza Street for more information or call us at 575-835-0424. Join online here.